Monday, August 10, 2009

Digging Sunshine at 2am

This has been a strange summer. Partly because of the panic-inducing, rainy, humid, doomsday weather, and partly because, this summer, for me, is bleeding into the fall and winter of my unplanned future. (No, I am still not over the fact that I graduated from college. And yes, I will be talking about it until I am over it, so lay off me.)

For my first post, I'm picking three songs that I've repeatedly come back to throughout this summer. They are the audible illustration of a hazy, dreamlike, grayish orange chunk of days. Check it...

1. Sunshine - De La Soul



I love anything and everything that sounds old school - like something you would hear playing on someone's stoop. This song makes me want to wake up and go fry an egg on the pavement.

2. 2am - Slightly Stoopid



This song, along with the rest of Slightly Stoopid's album, Chronchitis, has perfected the art of creating atmosphere. Meaning, of course, that they take you someplace better than where you're at. Heady stuff.

3. Dig - Incubus



I have this memory of riding on the bow of a boat one summer, right before sunset, bouncing along the waves, and feeling untouchable. That's what this Incubus song, along with others, reminds me of. They always sound like they are on the edge of something. (I couldn't be more jealous of you little shits who got to see them live in NYC last week..)

So there you go - enjoy. Stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. YES! i'm sooo stoked to read more! keep it up lil girl, i'll be on your ass every day to post! hahaha (so lay off me)

    ps- chronchitis is probably my new fav word... next time i cough cough, i'll be like "gimme a break, i got the chronchitis"

    whooo hooo for amy's blog!

    xo

    ReplyDelete