Sunday, August 23, 2009

Girls Rule

Indie rock chicks are, in my opinion, some of the toughest broads around. The aren't afraid to be overtly feminine and cutesy in both their look and sound - but they're also not afraid to be dark and a little naughty in their song lyrics. Leather and lace: They are aware of their intelligence, and they know how to get you to listen to them. Tricky...

And awesome. Here are three great Indie chick artists/groups that I can't stop listening to:

The Bird and the Bee - Again and Again



I could listen to The Bird and the Bee songs over and over. They are heartbreaking and fun.

Lykke Li - Little Bit



I love these lyrics: "Hands down/I'm too proud, for love/But with eyes shut/It's you I'm thinking of..."

The Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is the Move



This video is pretty weird. But the song is so fresh, it could replace cucumbers in your salad.

Enjoy!

1 comment: