Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Apologies

An "I'm sorry" is definitely in order. Not that I'm speaking to a very large audience, but still. I have been away from Listening Around for a few months now. I haven't stopped listening around, I've just been too preoccupied to share the music love.

I have been making some monumental changes in my life, and it has been overwhelming, to say the least...

My sister and I visited Barcelona for a week in October, which was amazing. The warm people, the afternoon glasses of wine, the dreamlike architecture, and the flamenco (!) all make me want to go back to Spain, like now. We saw a flamenco show, and while the dancing was unbelievable, I was more taken with the vocals and guitar sound from the band. The video below isn't the show we saw, and isn't the best quality - but it's the perfect demonstration of some of the most haunting, passionate, and soulful music I have ever heard...



I was moved by Spain. And when I came back home, I knew I needed to make some of my own moves. And I did - relationship moves, work moves - I think I was looking for ways to add more passion and feeling to my own life.


More to come on these roller coaster rides that have been the last few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment